8 weeks after New Year’s Day and you’ve already forgotten your resolutions or are bummed out about the fact that you aren’t even
trying to fulfill them. Here’s why its happening along with some resources to get you back on track:
1. You didn’t write them down or you wrote them down but didn’t keep them someplace that they could be seen.
Out of sight is out of mind.
2. You planned to rely on Motivation and Willpower – Big Mistake!
Both motivation and willpower should be thought of as muscles. Muscles get stronger the more you use them BUT they can also be strained from overuse. If it’s a constant mental struggle to achieve your goals, you will get tired and give up.
3. Your goals were not S.M.A.R.T enough
Specific or Significant
Measurable or Manageable
Attainable or Ajustable
Realistic or Relevant
Time-specific or Trackable
4. You didn’t separate one time goals from goals that required a new habit, so they’re mixing together and driving you crazy.
5. You tried to do too much too soon.
One is the magic number. One major goal and one teeny tiny new habit is all you need.
6. You got busy/distracted/bored.
Since the goals were not S.M.A.R.T you never had any real plan or it was too complex, making it easy to get busy/distracted/bored.
7. You were drunk when you made them.
Pretty much self explanatory
Watch this Youtube video on how to be properly self-motivated.